- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Guinness Ghana
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Guinness Ghana Breweries Plc is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc and is the only total beverage business in Ghana listed on the London, New York and Ghana Stock Exchange. Diageo produces and outstanding collection of over 200 brands and sold in over 180 countries. Diageo has operated in Ghana for almost 60 years. We directly employ over 1,000 and 10,000 indirectly. May be required to work outside Accra .
• To own and develop the Procurement strategies for all the categories in Guinness Ghana taking into account the specific market dynamics and business requirements.
• To deliver maximum benefit and significant profit growth for Guinness Ghana within Supply, Demand and Indirects categories of spend (minimum 3% year-on-year cost savings), through leadership, design and implementation of innovative and forward thinking category strategies, whilst maintaining rigorous standards of risk management, ethics and compliance to all key Diageo policies at all times.
• To contribute to the development of total business agenda for the various sub-markets in Africa CoE, global procurement function.
• To continue on the journey of step changing procurement activities from transactional to a strategic, category management based function.
• Develop and deliver procurement strategies forGuinness Ghana , in line with business and African CoE Procurement strategies.
• Protect our brands and businesses through effective management of risk, compliance, sustainability and governance, and ensure all sourcing activities within Guinness Ghana are consistent with Diageo Purchasing Standards, business strategies and related policies.
• Deliver minimum savings of 3% per annum on total procurement controlled spend net of inflation.
• Improve and maintain quality and service levels to all stakeholders within Guinness Ghana .
• Manage, develop and coach all reports to build a high performing team recognized for their exceptional contribution to the overall business agenda within and outside of the markets.
• Good knowledge of procurement processes and systems including contract development, value creation activities, supplier relationship management, governance, risk management and compliance
• Able to understand strategic thinking and break it down into practical and deliverable projects
• Critical thinker who can deliver solutions and drive improvement by measuring, managing and reporting on assigned spend categories and suppliers. Focused on execution and results
• Excellent general communication skills
• Ability to engage and influence a whole range of senior stakeholders
• Motivated and a self-starter with an ability to multi-task and function in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Minimum ten (10) years procurement experience in a multi-national FMCG environment
• Excellent knowledge of world-class procurement systems, processes and practices
• Strong commercial acumen with significant evidence of savings/value delivery and the ability to contribute to the wider business agenda outside of immediate functional responsibilities
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written, with ability to readily engage and influence a wide range of colleagues and senior stakeholders
• Exceptional leadership skills and a proven track record in building and maintaining high performing teams in culturally sensitive environments
• Inter-cultural sensitivity and ability to ‘flex’ approach to meet the needs of a diverse community
• Able to deal with ambiguity, and manage multiple relationships in a matrix environment, with ability to take criticism and learn from feedback
• Ability to operate and lead teams across multi sites
• Ability to anticipate and plan effectively, monitoring and measuring progress in a timely fashion
• Proven track record of delivery in challenging and complex business environments
• Previous experience of working in developing economies would be an advantage
• Prior SAP experience or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
• Knowledge of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) business processes
• Full understanding of Import/Export constraints, duties and taxation in the ARM-West markets.
• Barriers to Success in Role
• Ineffective communication skills and/or inability to present output clearly and cogently
• Inability to challenge the status quo and/or influence peers and senior stakeholders
• Inability to think strategically
• Lack of general commercial awareness
• Lack of initiative and/or personal mental resilience in challenging working environments
• Inability to coach and develop effective teams across multi sites
• Insufficient process/functional knowledge and inability to embed new processes and ways of working in developing and complex markets
• Unable to self-motivate and effectively manage/prioritize own workload
• Unable to forge the strong working relationships needed inside and outside the team
• The role will be based in Accra, Ghana with requirements for national, regional-hub and international travel.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.