- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Chief Youth Entrepreneurship and Finance Officer
Jobs at:African Development Bank
Deadline of this Job:
17 July 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank Group (the Bank) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member States, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified, namely: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. .
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Coordinator, Jobs for Youth in Africa Strategy, the Chief Youth Entrepreneurship and Finance Expert shall perform the following key functions:
• Lead the establishment and management of trust funds, special investment funds and other initiatives to improve access to finance among youth entrepreneurship, SME development and Job Creation in Africa
• Serve as the primary contact for the Youth Entrepreneurship and Innovation Multi-donor Trust Fund (YEI MDTF). Consult regularly with grantees and partners to improve the impact of projects and ensure sharing of lessons learned. This will include field visits, hands-on oversight, operational guidance, and convening and facilitating interactions among key partners.
• Support the development of resource mobilization action plans tailored to specific donors, investors; provide strategic advice and policy recommendations with a view to positioning Jobs for Youth in Africa
• Identify and develop opportunities for non-core resource mobilization and advise the Jobs Team on appropriate strategies and approaches to seize them.
• Advise and support Jobs for Youth in Africa in establishing strategic approaches for positioning for improved and sustained partnerships and for resource mobilization, including with International Financial Institutions, foundations and other private and newly emerging funding sources, as well as on changes in the donor context.
• Develop specific donor fund-raising strategies and approaches.
• Develop and conduct competitive landscape analysis of partners, their priorities and characterization of their relationships/partnerships.
• Develop appropriate tools and systems to enhance coordination, track commitments and opportunities with partners (donor database, pipeline management system, etc.) and evaluation of partnership supported programs.
• Provide overall support on the relationship with critical partners (financial, non-financial, government and non-state actors) including in the negotiation of any agreements.
• Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Social Sciences, Economics or related field;
• Have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience at the international level involving resource mobilization and multi-stakeholder projects and partnership development;
• Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the Bank.
• Extensive experience in the Venture Capital space including experience in setting up a VC Fund/Platform for youth entrepreneurship, SME development and Job Creation in Africa;
• Extensive experience in fund raising from donors/commercial investors with strong networks in the donor community
• Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of partnership programs;
• Ability to develop innovative and creative approaches to improve performance and create additional benefits for the Bank and its clients;
• Good knowledge of working environment to the resolution of problems and identify solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization;
• Demonstrated leadership effectiveness and supervisory ability to achieve defined objectives in international contexts;
• Experience in team management with focus in Africa would be a major advantage;
• Communicate and write effectively in English and French, with a good working knowledge of the other language;
• Competences in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.