CLIN2 Gas and Power Sector Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana. In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector. Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide. Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte. .
To support WAEP, Deloitte is seeking an experienced, full-time Gas and Power Sector Specialist to be based in Accra, Ghana. The Gas and Power Sector Specialist will provide support to the Ghana (CLIN2) team, supporting the embedded Transaction Advisors.
The Gas and Power Sector Specialist is expected to support gas and power activities in Ghana, as defined in the WAEP Task Order, and engage in the following illustrative interventions:
• Support Ministry of Energy efforts to implement the Energy Sector Recovery Program
• Support power systems planning on modelling generation & transmission planning activities, leveraging the Power Africa Gas Roadmap
• Develop financial and economic models to support energy sector initiatives (such as the proposed Natural Gas Clearinghouse)
• Perform analytical work and draft reports in support of WAEP’s goals of improving the legal and regulatory frameworks for private sector investment
• Participate in review of Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of country portfolio of potential generation and non-generation services investment opportunities
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s and Masters’ degree in economics, engineering, finance or any related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the upstream and/or midstream energy sector
• Experience working in similar context in West Africa
• Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa and/or with donor agency programs will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Deloitte6/743999719183376-clin2-gas-and-power-sector-specialist-fixed-term
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.