Jobs at:AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Closure Superintendent.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role supports AGAG to maintain legal and social compliance to operate, through monitoring, measuring, analyzing and implementing initiatives related to land disturbance, rehabilitation and liability estimation requirements in order to meet RSA, permit and closer obligations. .
• Establish the necessary Closure processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
• Provide unequivocal Closure planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
• Develop the annual Closure cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
• Deliver the work of the Closure function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
• Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Environment Department and with the Closure team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
• Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
• Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Closure team
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A University Degree in Environmental or Natural Resources Management, Biology, Agriculture or Civil Engineering
• Postgraduate degree in Environmental studies would be advantageous
• Over 5 years working experience in the environmental rehabilitation, ecological restoration, relevant construction or agricultural field, preferably with experience at a supervisory level.
• Experience in erosion control, restoration of disturbed land and experience in bulk earthworks
• A sound knowledge of the environmental laws of Ghana and all permitting processes is required
Job Education Requirements: A University Degree in Environmental
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.