- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2020
Date Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow. .
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
This is a new role and the post holder will lead on DIT’s ODI, investment and project financing work in Ghana, supporting the UK’s ambition to become Ghana’s investor of choice and significantly increase UK investment stock in Ghana. Protecting the interests of UK investors, and supporting greater levels of investment to support post-COVID-19 recovery will be central to this role. We are looking for someone with credible experience in attracting and structuring investments. The role will be cross-sector but with a particular focus on the UK-Ghana Business Council’s six sectors of choice. The post holder will work closely with DFID, FCO and DIT’s Africa Director for Investment to develop a clear UK offer and a pipeline of bankable projects, resulting in a 5% year on year increase of UK investment in Ghana. The role will focus on:
• Developing and leading the execution of a cross-government UK-Ghana investment strategy, with a strong focus on post COVID-19 recovery;
• Working with UK government colleagues and the UK private sector in both London and Ghana to ensure a coherent UK investment offer is developed and communicated effectively;
• Developing and supporting to execution a pipeline of investable projects;
• Develop and maintain a network of key UK investors, including supporting the Africa Investors Group and establishing a Ghana-focused UK investors group;
• Working to develop project financing options for UK companies wishing to export to Ghana;
• Developing and potentially leading UK-led investment support programmes in Ghana.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• 3+ years experience of structuring and facilitating investments in either the private or public sector, ideally on an international basis;
• Strong understanding of project finance options, including public-private partnerships;
• Strong oral and written English communication skills;
• Relevant work experience, a track record of delivery through collaboration and partnering in complex environments;
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Resourcefulness in solving problems;
• Good interpersonal skills and comfortable dealing with senior officials and business people.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
• Private sector banking experience;
• Experience working with, or understanding of, green financing options;
• Experience of managing ODA programmes.
Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/xf-dd0adf2e6e0b/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/12122-Investment-Advisor-C4-14-20-ACC/en-GB
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.