Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FHI 360 implements the Meeting Targets Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project, a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). PEPFAR, via USAID, is providing EpiC, Key Population Investment Funds (KPIF) to support a KP-led approach to accelerate progress towards the ambitious 95-95-95 goals in West Africa. In Ghana, KPIF is implementing pre exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and HIV self-testing (HVIST) services as well as stigma, discrimination and violence (SDV) prevention activities among key populations, including men who have sex with men (MSM), transgenders (TG), and female sex workers (FSW).
We currently seek qualified candidates for part-time position of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, key population in Ghana to implement KPIF activities in Greater Accra and Ashanti regions. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will work closely with the Technical Advisor to plan and conduct Monitoring & Evaluation programs/activities on PrEP and HIVST in the Greater Accra and Ashanti Regions. S/he will spend 100% level of effort (LOE) and provide M&E technical assistance to partners on HIVST and PrEP for key populations (KP) across the cascade by ensuring innovative, evidence-based approaches to support Key Populations (KP) especially Female Sex Workers (FSWs), Men who have sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender persons (TG) to be reached and linked to HIV services.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply. .
1. Provide technical assistance on Monitoring and Evaluation programs/activities
• Assist Implementing partners to ensure overall goals and objectives of the EpiC project are met through collecting, analyzing, and reporting on quality monitoring data.
• Assist Technical Advisor to provide support for the development of workplans and ensure program objectives are reached by local implementing partners.
• Conduct supportive supervisory visits and coordinate program activities of implementing partners.
• Assist Technical Advisor in the review of monthly/quarterly progress/financial reports of implementing partners and submission of monthly/quarterly updates to HQ.
• Assist the Technical Advisor to prepare EpiC Implementation Plan, standard operating procedures, guidelines, and calendar especially as it relates to M&E events.
• Develop timely and accurate reports to Regional SI Advisor, NACP, GAC, USAID and other stakeholders as needed.
• Contribute to and participate in project assessments and evaluations, including but not limited to building surveys and providing support in data analysis.
• Promote collaboration on M&E events and issues with partner organizations and stakeholders.
• Attend partners/stakeholders’ meetings and submit reports on meetings to Technical Advisor.
2. Coordinate implementing partners M&E activities and collaborate on quality data collection, reporting, analysis, and dissemination.
• Coordinate the distribution of M&E tools (forms) and the collection of data for all indicators from all implementing partners.
• Conduct data analysis and guide and adapt programming to optimize results
• Conduct quarterly programme and onsite data quality assessments, and ensure systems adhere to the data safety and security standards set by FHI 360.
• Ensure partners have access and use verified and validated recording and reporting tools.
• Analyze data and prepare reports, as required, for submission to the EpiC Regional Strategic Information Advisor.
• Conduct onsite coaching and monitoring visits to partners and provide onsite guidance to ensure data quality and timely reporting from partners as per visit plan
• Conduct periodic data quality audits with implementing partners.
• Adhere to project reporting procedures and schedules to ensure data is available for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Ensure information dissemination and coordination between EpiC Partners around data, lessons learned, progress, reports, etc.
3. Building the capacity of implementation partners
• Assist in the design of capacity development plan for implementation partners as applicable
• Assist in capacity building programs of partners in M&E, including trainings, workshops and one-on-one support as needed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of a first degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field.
• Proven experience and/or knowledge of the PEPFAR Blueprint for key population programs and WHO and UNAIDS goals and strategies related to the 95–95–95 targets and the cascade for HIV prevention, diagnosis, care and treatment.
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in technically designing and managing programs related to key populations and HIV.
• At least 3 years of experience in management and/or implementation of a USAID or PEPFAR-funded activity
• At least 2 years’ experience in collecting, analyzing and reporting on PEPFAR monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) indicators
• Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
• Ability to travel within country or regions as needed.
• Experience in providing assistance to Local partners in monitoring and database systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of National AIDS Control Program (NACP) and current initiatives of the Ghana AIDS Commission.
• Demonstrated written, presentation, communication, and organizational skills in English.
Job Education Requirements: Minimum of a first degree in Public Health
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.