Jobs at:Medicas Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Grade: Physician Assistant (Medical)
• Responsible To: Medical Director
• Accountable To: Medical Director
To provide comprehensive primary health services under supervision in support of the total effort of the health care delivery system with a view to achieve equity in coverage and quality care.
• Work as a member of Medical Team to provide health care and to monitor and evaluate patient care.
• Collaborate with other disciplines and health care staff to ensure optimum care for clients/patients. .
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess and prioritize patients presenting at Health Centre/polyclinic or hospital, according to their medical needs
• Undertake confidential patient consultations consisting of:
• History taking,
• Assessment and
• Initiate and implement care plan for patients
• Accurately and legibly record patients’ care and management packages
• Assist in providing interventions
Emergency surgical invasive procedures
• Administration of emergency therapies etc
• Assist in the performance of minor surgical procedures:
• Incision of boils,
• Suturing of wounds.
• Dressing of wounds, when necessary.
• Participate in:
• Ward rounds
• Clinical meetings
• Morbidity/mortality meetings
• General staff meetings etc
• Offer primary care to patients with mental health problems and refer as appropriate.
• Perform relieving duties at Health Centers and relevant health facilities when necessary.
• Participate in the outreach community health activities within the catchment’s area
• Facilitate community involvement in health programmes
• Contribute to maternal and child welfare, family planning programmes and health education talks within the community.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Skills or Experience
Prospective candidates must possess the following qualities;
• Be willing to work flexible hours
• Work excellently under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• A valid license from the Medical and Dental Council
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send CVs and Cover Letters to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
State the position applied for in the subjectline of the email. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.