Power System Engineer/Analyst
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana. In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector. Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide. Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte. .
The Power System Engineer/Analyst will provide support to Ghana’s Outcome 1 team on power planning activities to update the IPSMP and to support energy efficiency and related activities and shall perform the following general functions:
Effectively inspire, lead, manage, and ensure the day-to-day personal performance in compliance with the Project Work Plan and the Project administrative and policy manual;
• Support the development and implementation of the Project’s technical efforts on Outcome 1, CLIN 2 (Ghana) Programs.
• Effectively liaise with the CLIN 2 technical teams, cross-cutting team and divisions of USAID on all aspects of the Project Work Plan implementation;
• Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture;
• Maintain high ethical standards at all times, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest;
• Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy/USAID project directives, whether written or verbal; and
• Perform any and all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of Project goals and objectives.
Specific Tasks Applicable to the Position
• As directed by the Chief of Party or his/her designee, the Employee shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
• Provide support to the “Planning Committee” (PPTC) to update the IPSMP
• Provide support in the implementation of the competitive procurement in the power sector
• Provide support to OC1 Lead to work with EC in the update of the IPM Model
• Provide direction on data collection efforts for evidence-based analysis for CSOs, PURC and EC
• Support both annual and long-term demand forecast for the PPTC.
• Collate updated power system data e.g. Generation data, Transmission line upgrade data, etc.
• Support further work on AMI Analysis as inputs into any tariff study
• Support the adoption on non-wire alternatives (NWA) to address network constraints
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Possess minimum of Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, and any other related field, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in energy sector, 8 – 10 years’ experience will be an added advantage.
• Experience working in similar context in Ghana.
• Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
• Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Deloitte6/743999719183517-power-system-engineer-analyst-fixed-term
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.