- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Accra Technical University
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB DETAILS: Terms of Appointment
Accra Technical University is located in the central business district of Accra, the Capital City of Ghana. The University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University in September 2016 by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University has been mandated by the Technical Universities Act, (Act 922), to provide higher education in engineering, science and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational education and training, applied arts and related disciplines. .
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed for a period of three (3) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application for a further term of up to three (3) years only if that is not beyond the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the University Governing Council consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) and the Statutes of the University.
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• The Pro Vice-Chancellor shall be of Professorial status and shall possess a PhD or its equivalent in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Social Sciences.
• Must have a wide experience in academic management at the tertiary level, including conduct of University Examinations, Quality Assurance and liaison with Universities’ regulatory bodies.
• Must be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity, be circumspect and above reproach.
• Must be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar with a strong research background.
• Must have proven organizational and leadership skills.
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, be a team player and have the capacity to manage and control crisis.
• Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for beneficial purposes.
• Must have the experience in fund-raising and resource mobilization for teaching, research and community services.
• Must have at least twelve (12) years post qualification working experience in a tertiary or analogous institution; a senior academic position is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Terms of Appointment
Job application procedure
• Candidates are to submit an application letter and completed application forms obtained from the University’s website at www.atu.edu.gh
• Applicants are to attach Curriculum Vitae and request three (3) referees to submit recommendation reports on the applicant to the stated address below.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and also emailed to reach the address below (as applicable) not later than July, 24th 2020.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Search Committee for Registrar
c/o Office of the Registrar
Accra Technical University
P. O. Box 561
Closing Date: 22 July, 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.