- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Procurement and Logistics Coordinator
Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide procurement, logistical and administrative support in alignment with Plan International’s Operations Manual to the Program Unit (PU) Offices. The role includes all procurement and logistical management, including the management of the facility and security of the Program Unit office. The Front Desk Assistant and Drivers report to the role Supervision of Janitors and Security Company The position reports to the Program Unit Manager .
• Processes the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the PU as per the Operations Manual (OM), local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times
• Ensures that all vendor details and requisitions are created and entered into SAP
• Processes requisitions, price comparison, purchase orders, goods receipt, purchasing history/records etc in SAP.
• Processes payment request for approval. Post/enters and post good receipts into SAP for processing.
• Posts/enters material stocks and inventory into SAP and process same.
• Assists in the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors
• Ensures the effective allocation, utilization and management of vehicles for Plan’s activities as per OM, local policy and local Procurement Guidelines and Procedures with low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance.
• Ensures the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow
• Ensures the effective management of stores to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of stores
• Reviews, update and maintain the Fixed Assets Register for the PU to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets
• Assists in the preparation, update and maintenance of contracts to keep and track all contracts without any reports on program disruptions due to maladministration of contracts
• Ensures the office & its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions
• Monitors and manages the team of Front Desk Assistant, Drivers and Janitors to ensure they perform effectively and provide the required support services.
• Keeps the Program Unit Manager informed of any initiative or difficulties related to the office for attention/redress for the provision of the required support services for program implementation.
• Fulfills Plan’s Safeguarding Children and Young people Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
• Also fulfills Plan International’s Gender Equality and Inclusion Policy at all times.
• Produces and maintains an up-to-date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement goods and materials for program activities
• Ensures Plan’s offices and staff are insured to safeguard life and property at all times to ensure that staff work effectively without any fear of non-protection.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualification Required & Experience
• A first Degree in Procurement or closely related field,
• At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position in an international organization similar to Plan International;
• Experience in knowledge and working with SAP system is a plus.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Title in the subject line and the preferred location (i.e Procurement & Logistics Coordinator – Eastern Region) to: email@example.com Closing Date: 30 March, 2020
• All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
• Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Plan International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equality and our recruitment procedure reflects this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.