Jobs at:Newmont Mining Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
09 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname. Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco. Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work. Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund. The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders. Dimensions Purpose To control, record, review, update and store documentation relating to Ahafo North, in accordance with Newmont policy, legal requirements and government legislation regarding the control, recording and storage of documents. .
• Maintain structured and systematic document control processes that provide easy reference to documents that are accurate and high quality.
• Assist in supporting internal and external audits, coordinating activities and ensuring timely response to documentation request for auditors in order to implement systems of control
• Convert hard-copy work documents such as checklists, permits, log sheets and other supporting documentation into existing electronic systems.
• Organize and maintain documents, adhering to the company document lifecycle procedures and archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
• Review and update all incoming documents regularly.
• Liaise and coordinate with Document Control Administration for document control procedures / updates to maintain active versioning / revision index of documents.
• Inform document owners of pending document review and approval requirements and assist in facilitating the review and approval process.
• Conduct comprehensive document audits to ensure conformance to established procedures and maintain quality records, per applicable SOPs / STPs.
• Maintain cost-effective measures to ensure signage and process documentation costs meet departmental budget requirements.
• Print and provide requesting department with project signage as stipulated under ISO/OHSAS audit and Mining Regulations and other environmental permit requirements.
• Oversee the efficient running of the Document Control Center database.
• Pull required documentation from the database and distribute to the relevant document owner for review and / or approval.
• Liaise with vendors and suppliers applicable to the department
Reporting and Filing
• Provide reports on the health of the system and documents contained within it, when requested.
• Track pending documents through weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly progress reports and notify the document owner for taking appropriate action on the pending documents.
• Receive the Planned Task Observations (PTO’s), create the relevant report and file into the appropriate system.
• Facilitate an audit of the PTO’s and provide timely feedback to the PTO owner.
• Manage both physical and electronic archives for specified duration, depending on content.
• Deputize the Administrative Coordinator, in the absence of this role.
• Coordinate and manage the daily and weekly employee timesheets for approval and submission to Human Resources, in the absence of the Administrative Coordinator.
• Work Scheduling and Allocation
• Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule.
Health, Safety and Environment
• Maintain a high health, safety and environmental awareness.
• Monitor own and peers’ adherence to health and safety measures, protocols, and standards.
• Report any deviation from established health and safety measures and protocols to the Project Manager
• Adhere strictly to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
• Oversee that security procedures are followed to minimise the opportunities for theft of documentation material or company property.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• Higher National Diploma in Administration, Document Control or related field.
• Essential knowledge of document control systems and electronic data management.
• Knowledge of administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
• Knowledge of Newmont’s invoicing and requisition processes, procedures and systems.
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in any document control environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
• physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
• work environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Brong-Ahafo-Region-Records-Administrator-Sr-GH-BA/673704900/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.