- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Regional Consulting Engineer – Open Pit
Jobs at:Newmont Inc
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2020
Date Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Regional Technical Services Director, the Regional Consulting Engineer – Open Pit will coordinate the Reserves reporting process for the open pit mines in the region, while ensuring sites and projects are internally aligned with Newmont procedures in a timely and efficient manner. .
Main Responsibility Areas:
• Information Management and Management Reporting
• Strategy / Planning Process
• Financial Management
• Relationship Management
• Provide detailed analysis and reporting that is aligned with Newmont’s internal Reserves guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring quality and accurate open pit designs, coordinating reviews including site operations and engineering teams, geotechnical, hydrology and site management.
• Adopt feedback from reviews into design work for continuous improvement.
• Participate in the strategy planning process for the region focusing on open pit (OP) projects and sites.
• Support with the development of new tools as required.
• Provide project financials that follow Newmont standards.
• Cooperate with project directors to guarantee accurate and error free financial analysis and cash flows.
• Mentor and coach open pit engineers across the region to improve mine planning processes.
• Incorporate site guidance into strategic plans, challenge assumptions and Key Performance Indicators where needed to ensure quality plans.
• Provide OP planning scenarios that align with the goals of the process, and collaboratively work with project and site teams to complete this work.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Training & Experience
• An Advanced Degree in Mine Engineering, and a post graduate Degree in Business is preferred.
• Between 7 to 10 years’ of experience in open pit mine planning, optimisation, and operations exposure to strategic planning is preferred, in large and diversified mine sites or operations.
• Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Leadership and Management skills.
• Relationship Management skills.
• Advanced planning, organising and prioritising skills.
• Regular travel is required.
• Extended and unpredictable hours might be the norm.
• The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Accra-Regional-Consulting-Engineer-Open-Pit-GA/650349400/?feedId=66&campaignId=3&utm_source=Glassdoor&utm_campaign=J2W_GlassDoor_CPL
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.