- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior ESG Officer
Jobs at:African Trade Insurance Agency
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
African Trade Insurance Agency .
Main Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide technical expertise on key issues related to environmental and social impact assessment and on sustainability risks in the design, preparation, implementation and supervision of ATI’s operations taking into consideration best industry practices and standards
• Manage and conduct environmental and social safeguarding due diligence for underwriting
• Identify all key potential social and environmental impacts and risks of transactions and ensure that their magnitude and significance are well understood by internal underwriters and approvers
• Ensure that the policyholder understands the applicable ESG policies, guidelines and project-specific requirements, and has the necessary commitment and capacity to manage social and environmental impacts and/or risks adequately and supported by mechanisms that facilitate implementation
• Work with member countries, donors and other relevant units of the ATI to mobilize technical and financial support to enhance the environmental and social sustainability of operations, adding value to operations, including through external expertise where deemed necessary
• Conduct consultations with stakeholders in accordance with relevant policies and guidelines and be responsible for reporting on such
• Report on and disseminate good practices and generated knowledge
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualification Required & Experience
• An advanced degree (at least Masters or equivalent) in engineering, environmental management, environmental sciences or relevant field.
• At least 6 – 8 years of relevant experience in working with private sector firms across industry sectors (including infrastructure, agribusiness, and/or manufacturing) to identify environmental/social risk and issues and develop mitigation measures to ensure compliance with good international industry practice.
• Exposure to African and global development institutions and their operational practice will be a desired attribute.
• Oral and written professional proficiency in English; in addition French is desirable.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.